As some of you may know, I subscribed to Ipsy, a beauty subscription service, earlier this year and I have been obsessed! I know that Ipsy has been around for quite a few years now, but it is sort of a recent discovery for me! Today, I wanted to share what is in my September glam bag with you (I know it’s already October, but I wanted to share this anyway! I will try to post these sooner and during the actual month that I get them)!
Before we get into the makeup tutorial, I quickly wanted to show you the bag and the products that I received! I rated this bag a 4/5 stars! The bag is adorable, and I love that there is a different theme every month!
Inside the bag:
- Benefit Cosmetics: Gimme Brow + Volumizing Eyebrow Gel in 4.5 – Neutral Deep Brown
Although it is a very small sample size, and I do not typically do my brows, I actually did like the product. I rated it a 3/5 stars.
- IBOM: Lemon Verbena Clay Mask
I do not really care to receive facial masks, however I will try this one out!
Update: I actually love this product! It seems to be clearing up my skin a bit, and I plan on finding the product to purchase it myself!
- Too Faced: Damn Girl! Mascara
I love receiving mascaras in my bags, and this one did not disappoint, however the wand is a bit big! I rated this product a 4/5 stars!
- Ofra Cosmetics: Ofra x Madison Moondance Highlighter
I absolutely love this highlighter, and I think it may be my new favorite! I rated this product a 5/5 stars! It is such a gorgeous shade!
- C’est Moi Beauty: Reflect Lip Gloss in Bliss
I actually prefer lipsticks over glosses, but the color is beautiful and it applied nicely! I rated this product a 4/5 stars!
And now for the makeup tutorial!
I wanted to share this look that I created using the products in my glam bag (plus a few others to complete the look)! It is a very simple eyeshadow look with a bold wing and a glossy lip.
- I started off by priming my eyelids and then I took the single eyeshadow by Suva Beauty in the shade Coriander, and I applied it to my lids and blended it up into my crease. You can’t really see it in the photo above, but I applied an eyeshadow by IBY Beauty to my lower lash line (the outer half) and it is in the shade Headliner, which is a medium purple shade. Then I took an eyeshadow from Nomad in the shade Champagne Reef, a yellow gold shade, and applied this to my lower lash line as well (the inner half).
- Next, I took a liquid eyeliner by the brand Jonteblu, and created a somewhat dramatic wing. (If you have trouble creating a wing like I do at times, grab a piece of tape and line it up from the outer corner of your eye, to the end of your eyebrow, then draw and fill in your wings).
- I curled my lashes and applied the Damn Girl! Mascara by Too Faced, and coated my top and bottom lashes. Then, I lined my waterline and tightline with a black eyeliner by Essence.
- Next, I took a small amount of my Base Tape Primer by Tarte and applied this all over my face. I took my favorite foundation, the Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline, and used my clean hands to apply this onto my face and neck. I added a tiny bit of my foundation to my under eye area, and gently blended it out. After this, I took my Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder, and sweeped this over my foundation.
- I used a small amount of my Bronze Booster by Physicians Formula in the shade Light to Medium, and applied this to the hollows of my cheeks to give my face a bit of a bronzed appearance. Then I took my new favorite highlighter by Ofra Cosmetics (it is a part of the Ofra x Madison collaboration) in the shade Moondance, and applied this to my cheekbones, nose, the inner corners of my eyes, and my brow bones.
- I then used a little chapstick and applied my new lip gloss by C’est Moi Beauty in the shade Bliss to add some shine to my lips.
- Lastly, I took my Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Brow Gel and lightly brushed it through my brows.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post! I always used to do the same exact makeup look EVERY DAY, but because of Ipsy and having my own blog, I am getting a bit more experimental with my makeup and I am having so much fun doing it! I am very excited to share more makeup looks with you in the future, and if you like this look or want to try it out, leave me a comment below! Thank you for reading!