I seriously cannot believe that November is almost over! Every month seems to fly by, but the good news is that I receive my Ipsy bags every month, so I am always looking forward to that! Today I wanted to share what was in my November glam bag and review it for you all. I also wanted to include a fall eye makeup tutorial using the eyeshadow duo that I received in my glam bag this month!
This month, Ipsy wanted its members to embrace their wild side (hence, the print on the bag). I think this month’s bag is adorable and the print is definitely on trend right now! I rated the overall bag a 4/5 stars because there was one item that I felt I did not necessarily need.
Inside the bag:
- Gigi Gorgeous: Living Lip Balm in Natalia
This lip balm is perfect to throw in your bag as you’re leaving your house, and it smells like vanilla, which is my favorite scent! Although I love lip balms, I really did not need another one! I rated this products a 3/5 stars.
- Pixi by Petra: Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Mineral Bronze
I love getting eyeshadows in my glam bags, and when I saw this duo I thought the colors were beautiful and perfect for fall. I really like the brand Pixi by Petra, so I was excited to find that I had gotten this product. While the colors are beautiful, I did find it just a little bit difficult to blend them, but other than that, I love the duo! The colors are perfect for a more dramatic eye look! (This duo is also an exclusive product for Ipsy members!) I rated this product a 4/5 stars!
- Vasanti Cosmetics: Power Oils Lip Gloss in Super Mom
I think that when it comes to makeup, for me personally, I can never get enough lip products! I find that lip products (particularly lipsticks and liquid lipsticks) are my favorite things in the world. This lip gloss keeps my lips moisturized while adding a beautiful pop of pink. I rated this product a 4/5 stars!
- Eva NYC: Freshen Up Dry Shampoo
I loved receiving this product because I was just recently telling a friend of mine how much I love dry shampoos. Dry shampoos can be extraordinarily helpful when you just don’t have the time to wash your hair. If I am up really late one night cramming for a test, and I didn’t exactly have the time to wash my hair the night before, I will get ready for the day and right before I walk out the door I will spray a bit of dry shampoo on my roots and rub it in. This dry shampoo works really well on my hair, and I may or may not have used it a few times already! It just keeps your hair looking fresh rather than greasy! I rated this product a 4/5 stars!
- IT Cosmetics: Confidence in a Cream
This is the product that I chose to receive in my November glam bag. I don’t use it every night since it is only a sample size, but when I do use it I immediately feel like my skin can breathe. I just put a small amount on my fingers and gently rub it into my skin. I love using this product after washing my face at night, and it leaves my skin feeling light and clean. I also rated this product a 4/5 stars.
Eye Makeup Tutorial:
I created this eye makeup look using my Pixi by Petra eyeshadow duo from my glam bag this month, as well as a couple other products that I will mention below! This eye look is perfect for the fall and winter time, or just a night out with friends. I wasn’t planning on having the look turn out so dramatic, but I ended up really liking it!
- I started this look off by applying an eyeshadow primer all over my lids.
- I then took my Pixi by Petra eyeshadow duo in “Mineral Bronze” and applied the lighter brown/taupe color all over my eyelids.
- Next, I took a single eyeshadow by IBY Beauty in the shade “Headliner” and applied this to the outer “V” of my eyes (don’t get too sloppy with this shade. Keep the color right in the outer “V”. Don’t blend it too much just yet). I also took this same color, and lined my lower lash line.
- Then I took the darker bronze color in the Pixi eyeshadow duo, and applied this into my crease. The eyeshadow duo is VERY pigmented, so be sure that if you use it, you gradually build the color. Remember it is much easier to apply more of a color than to have to remove it.
- BLEND. You should always blend your eyeshadows to avoid harsh lines. Blending will make the look come together beautifully, especially when using more than one color or darker eyeshadows. As I mentioned before, these shadows were just a bit difficult to blend, so I had to work on this for a little longer than usual.
- Once the shadows were well blended, I took my OFRA Cosmetics OFRA x Madison Moondance Highlighter and applied this to my inner corners as well as my brow bones.
- Next, I curled my lashes and took my favorite mascara, the Thrive Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara in Brynn, and coated my top and bottom lashes.
- I then applied a small amount of my Benefit Cosmetics: Gimme Brow + Volumizing Eyebrow Gel in 4.5. After this, I simply brushed my brows up and over.
- Lastly, I lined my waterline and tightline with a black eyeliner by Essence.
That is the completed eye makeup tutorial! I hope you enjoyed this blog post! My next couple posts will be a bit more fall themed as well, but once December comes I plan on sharing quite a few holiday related posts. I may be posting a little more often next month as well! Thank you so much for reading!