It has taken me quite a while to get a solid skincare routine down. Even now, my routine is not perfect (so don’t judge too harshly). I have found quite a few products that I have fallen in love with and I wanted to share them with you today! I am not only going to be sharing my skincare routine with you, but also a very simple and fresh makeup look for the spring time!
Since I have been staying home due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, I rarely wear makeup. I like to get glammed up once a week for fun (and for pictures). What I’ve noticed is just how clear my skin is getting! I think that it is a combination of not wearing makeup and using the right products for my skin. I have struggled with acne since I was about 12 years old, and I am 20 now. While in school or working, I like to wear a bit of makeup because I feel that I look more presentable and it gives me a bit of confidence. I also do it to cover up my blemishes. I think I’ve finally realized what part of the problem is… my skin HATES makeup. For someone who loves makeup so much, this realization has been frustrating, to say the least!
I’ve been taking much better care of my skin now. I change my pillow case frequently, I clean my makeup brushes once a week, I try not to touch my face, and I’ve been using some amazing skincare products.
My skincare routine:
If I am wearing makeup, I normally take it off once I am home for the day (this is usually earlier than when I do my full skincare routine). Anytime I see people rubbing their skin harshly to either remove or apply their makeup, a part of me is cringing! Honestly though, I used to do this too. Now I try to be super careful. After removing my makeup, I will usually cleanse my face quickly because I feel like it helps to remove whatever makeup is left on my skin. Then, if I feel like my skin needs it, I’ll apply a bit of moisturizer or hydrating cream.
Now onto my daily routine! As I mentioned, my skincare routine is not perfect, and I am still learning. This is just what I like to do!
At night, after washing my face in the shower, I like to use an acne cleanser. My favorite is the Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Cleanser. This does dry out my skin a bit, so it is important that I hydrate!
Next, I use my new favorite cleanser by Youth to the People. It is the Kale and Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser. I have been loving this product lately, so I wanted to share it with you! This product smells so good (the best way I can describe it is fresh), and I truly feel that it does an amazing job of deeply cleansing my skin. I highly recommend trying this product out for yourself!
The next step is serum. I got this serum trio from Artnaturals. I have spoken about this brand on my blog before, but I had never tried their skincare products! I was excited to try these out and they did NOT disappoint! This trio comes with a Vitamin C serum (reduces wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles), a Retinol Serum (age defying), and a hydrating serum (moisturizing). I wasn’t sure what to expect , and to be honest I did not have high hopes. It is safe to say that I have fallen head over heels with this trio. My blemishes are disappearing, the texture of my skin has improved, and I truly feel like my skin is glowing. And this is after only 2 weeks of using the serums! I believe that the retinol serum has helped me the most, but I enjoy using the other 2 as well. I use the retinol serum at night. I absolutely love these products, and I would recommend them to everyone!
Occasionally, I will apply face oil next (I do not do this too often though). I have been using the face oil by Go-To Skincare. Typically, after this I will apply a moisturizer. My favorite one at the moment is the Dr. Frog Water Fullcharge All In One. This moisturizer is amazing, and it has quickly become a part of my everyday routine. I gently blend this into my skin and I bring it down to my neck as well. This does not have a very strong scent, but it is subtle and it smells nice. This product makes my skin INCREDIBLY soft, and it feels refreshing and hydrating. This is another product I would recommend!
After, I will move onto my eyes. Lately, I have been using both an eye serum as well as an eye cream (sometimes I’ll use one or the other). I have pretty dark under eye circles, but because of my big eyes, I feel like I have always had them! I don’t believe that anything can necessarily get rid of under eye circles, but there are products that may lessen the appearance. I have been using the Dermadeli Nourishing Eye Serum. I don’t have much to say about this product because I have not seen a difference yet. I apply a tiny drop of this and very gently dab this under and around my eyes. Then I go in with my Murad Renewing Eye Cream and once again, gently dab this under my eyes.
In the morning, I don’t like to go too crazy. I will first wash my face with my Bioré acne cleanser. Then I use the Artnaturals Vitamin C Serum, and follow up with the Moisturizing serum!
My fresh face makeup routine:
Now, I know I said that my skin has been clearing up and I really do believe not wearing makeup has been a major help! However, I did want to share a simple, fresh makeup look today. This look is perfect for those warm spring days.
- First, I like to prime my eyelids to keep the shadow on all day long. On days when I am doing a natural look, I will either not apply eyeshadow, or I’ll apply a very neutral color. Today, I decided to wear a single eyeshadow by Phase Zero, in the shade “Banana Beige”. This is the perfect color to brighten up the eyes without overdoing it, and it adds a bit of sparkle! I simply applied this all over my lids, and lightly blended it up into my crease.
- Then, I curled my lashes and I took one of my absolute favorite mascaras, the Maybelline Lash Sensational Curvitude mascara in black. I applied this to my top and bottom lashes. What I love about this mascara is the fact that it makes my lashes very long, but it does not give me too much volume. It appears very natural, and I love the look of long, natural lashes.
- Next, I used my Hydra Veil face primer by the brand Illamasqua. I applied my go-to foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, with a sponge. If you have a BB Cream or a Tinted Moisturizer, I would actually recommend this. It is much lighter than foundation, so If I had one, that is what I would use instead! I then applied my loose setting powder by YC Collection, and I sweeped this across my face.
- I have been obsessed with cream highlighters lately, and this was my next step. I love nothing more than a blinding highlighter, and this one does the job perfectly in my opinion. I used my highlighter by the brand Flesh, in the shade “Pinky” and applied it right above my cheekbones, my brow bones, the inner corners of my eyes, and the tip of my nose.
- I then took a blush by Kaleido Cosmetics in the shade “Primadonna” and brushed this onto the apples of my cheeks. I love this shade because it is the most beautiful pink. It is not too light or too dark, and it gives me glowing, rosy cheeks.
- I applied some chapstick, and then took one of my favorite glosses by Vasanti Cosmetics in the shade “Super Mom”. I love doing a glossy lip when I do natural makeup looks. It also added to the glow that I was going for!
- Lastly, I sprayed my Pixi by Petra Glow Mist to complete the look!
That is it for the fresh, glowy makeup look! It is very simple, and it literally took me 5 minutes to do!
Thank you so much for reading! If you try any of the skincare or makeup products, let me know what you think! Until next time!