Hey everyone! Today I wanted to share a makeup tutorial with you all. This has been my go-to glam look for a little while now! When creating this look, I decided to use all of my absolute favorite beauty products at the moment. You may have seen me talk about a few of these products before, but I had to include them because they have become favorites of mine!
This makeup look is somehow natural yet smokey at the same time. It can really be worn for any occasion, and at any time of year! Like most of my makeup tutorials, this one is pretty simple to do/follow along with!
- As always, I like to start with my eyes. I prefer to do my eyes before my face so that if there is any fallout or if I make any mistakes, I won’t ruin the entire look. If I am being honest, I don’t have a favorite eye primer, so I just like to use whatever I could find. I gently dab this onto and around my eyelids. (Remember to be very gentle around the eyes as it is such a sensitive area.)
- Then, I move on to eyeshadow. For this look, I am using the gorgeous duo palette by Jules Smith Beauty in “Wise Guy and Gold Mine.” I am such a big fan of shimmer shades and neutral colors, so this duo is perfect for me. The colors are very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I took a shadow brush and applied the lighter color all over my lids. I then took a crease brush and a very small amount of the darker color, and lightly applied this into my crease. I used a fluffy blending brush to blend the colors, creating a bit of a smokey look.
- For mascara, I used my all-time favorite, which is the Thrive Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara. I rave about this product all the time because it is truly the BEST mascara I have ever tried. (If you would like to read more about it, check out my review here.) I simply curled my lashes and applied a couple coats to my top and bottom lashes, leaving them long and voluminous.
- The next step was eyeliner. I used the Long-Lasting Eye Pencil by the brand Essence. I lined my waterline and tightline with black to add a bit more drama to the look. I use liners like this every time I do a full face of makeup.
- Now we move on to the face! I recently tried out a new face primer that I very quickly fell in love with, and that is the Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer by Ciaté London. I love that this primer does exactly what it says it will do! It smells great and it leaves my skin feeling very refreshed. I then applied foundation. I talk about this one all the time, but I used my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. This has been my go-to foundation for a few years now, and I still love it! I dotted this onto my face and then blended it out with a beauty blender. I used a bit of extra foundation under and around my eyes as a substitute for concealer.
- Next, I went in with a loose powder. I applied the Bellápierre Banana Setting Powder to set my foundation and to help create a matte finish.
- I was never the biggest fan of bronzer or contour, but I have been using a bit of bronzer in my makeup looks lately. I love the way it adds some color and glow to my skin! I used the Bronze Booster by Physicians Formula. What I love about this bronzer is that it isn’t too dark or too light for my skin tone, and it adds a subtle glow without looking muddy.
- I absolutely love applying blush, so for this look, I took my Kaleido Cosmetics blush in the shade “Primadonna” and applied this to the apples of my cheeks. I blended in the color a bit to make it appear more natural.
- I then used my favorite highlighter by Ofra x Madison Miller in the shade ”Moondance.” I took an angled brush and sweeped this onto my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, as well as my brow bones and the inner corners of my eyes.
- I always like to apply chapstick before applying lipstick or gloss, but I don’t necessarily have a favorite. I used my Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick by Maybelline in the shade “Lover.” I adore matte lipsticks and Maybelline is my favorite drugstore brand, so I reach for these often. I love this pink shade, and felt that it completed the look beautifully!
- I naturally have full brows, so most of the time I will simply brush through them and let them be. I haven’t tried any brow products other than the Benefit Gimme Brow + Volumizing Brow Gel, which I will occasionally use.
This completes the makeup tutorial! Thank you so much for checking out today’s blog post. Let me know your thoughts on this tutorial and makeup look in a comment below!