Hey everyone! Today I wanted to share a fall makeup tutorial with you all. The focus of this look will be the eyes. I recently received a beautiful eyeshadow quad from Illuminati Cosmetics, and I fell in love with it! I feel that the orange and pink shades can really make brown eyes pop, but of course, no matter what your eye color is, you can still rock this look! If you have been keeping up with my beauty blogs, you would know that I tend to choose neutral colors (golds, browns, taupes, champagnes etc.) when it comes to eyeshadows. Well, it’s safe to say that I’ve been getting out of my comfort zone a bit this year, and I think that translates through this makeup look! In order to create this look, all you would really need to have is the eyeshadow palette!
Let’s get into the makeup tutorial!
- I always prefer to do my eye makeup before my face makeup, so I like to start by applying an eye primer. I always use my ring finger to gently tap the primer around my lids (remember how delicate the skin around your eyes is).
- The second step in this look is eyeshadow! I took my new Illuminati Cosmetics Quad Palette in Enlightened. While the colors seemed a bit intimidating to me at first, I decided to try them out anyway. The palette has two matte shades and two shimmer shades. I would say that the shimmer shades are not incredibly pigmented, but they can add a nice sparkle to any eye look.
- I began by taking the shimmery gold color and I applied this all over my lids.
- I then used the matte orange/rust shade and blended this into my crease. With the matte shades, less is more, so start by applying a tiny bit and building it up if you need/want to. It is important to blend your shadows in any makeup look, but especially if you are using bold or dark colors, so don’t skip this step. It gets rid of harsh lines and it creates a beautiful smokey effect on the eyes.
- Then, I took the pink shimmer shade and used this to line my lower lashline.
- For the last step, I used a white/champagne color and applied this to the inner corners of my eyes and my brow bones. I always do this because it highlights these areas and makes me look more awake.
- Next up, I decided to use the Big Ego mascara by Tarte in black. This mascara is great for any makeup look, though it is not the absolute best in my opinion. I would say it is the perfect everyday mascara, but it is buildable. I applied a couple coats to my top and bottom lashes.
- Then, I used my go-to black liner by the brand Essence, and lined my waterline and tightline. I love doing this with pretty much any makeup look because it adds a bit more drama.
- After, I began my face makeup. I took one of my favorite primers, the Ciaté London Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer, and applied this all over my face. I love this primer because it does exactly what it’s supposed to. It is extremely hydrating, and it smells great! It is a nice base for my foundation.
- I then took my go-to foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, and I used a beauty blender to apply it. I really love the way that a beauty blender can evenly apply the product all over my skin, and the end result looks very natural. I always skip concealer, and I go back in with foundation over any dark spots I may have. I used the Banana Setting Powder by the brand Bellápierre Cosmetics and lightly sweeped this across my face. I prefer looking more matte than dewy, but if you would like a bit more shine, you can use less powder (or you can use a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation).
- I don’t always use bronzer, but I felt that it would look beautiful with this makeup look. I took my bronzer by Estate Cosmetics in the color Coco, and used an angled brush to apply this right underneath my cheekbones and on my forehead. Once again, it is important to blend, and to find a shade that works well for your skin tone. This will prevent the bronzer from looking muddy.
- I used a beautiful blush by the brand Doucce in the shade Daydream. I decided to go for a lighter pink (almost nude) because the eyes are already so busy. I applied this to the apples of my cheeks and blended it out.
- Then, I used a highlighter by Kaleido Cosmetics in the shade Goddess and applied this to my cheekbones and the tip of my nose to add a golden glow; perfectly complimenting my sunset eye makeup.
- Next, I moved onto the lips. I always start off with a chapstick to make sure my lip color will apply smoothly. I like to have either a dramatic eye look or a dramatic lip, but never both at the same time. For this reason, I went with a matte, nude lip color. I feel that a nude lip completed the look beautifully.
- To finish this makeup look, I simply brushed my brows up and over, and the makeup was complete!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I highly recommend trying out this stunning eyeshadow quad, and it can be purchased here! Let me know what you think of this look in a comment below. Thank you so much for reading!