Hey everyone! I am very excited for today’s blog post because I am doing a review of one of my favorite beauty products! Last year, I discovered the travel series collection by BH Cosmetics, and I fell in love! I first bought the “Love in London” palette, and I did a review and tutorial with this last year so click here to check that out! Since then, I have been dreaming of purchasing the other palettes in this collection. Within this collection, there are a variety of eyeshadow and highlight palettes relating to different travel destinations! Some of the names of these pallets are: “Glowing in Greece”, “Illuminating in Ireland”, and “Blushing in Bali”. I’m hoping to purchase the “Beautiful in Barcelona” palette next!
For today’s review and tutorial, I will be sharing the “Hangin’ in Hawaii” eyeshadow palette. I really wanted this one in particular because I absolutely love the colors! There is a perfect mixture of shimmer shades and matte shades, and a variety of browns, golds, pinks, and oranges. I also feel that these colors look really great on brown eyes which I have. Since I adore the “Love in London” palette, I knew that this one wouldn’t disappoint, but I still wanted to take the time to review it for those of you looking to buy it!
I am such a big fan of the travel series collection and this palette is definitely a favorite of mine! There is such a wide variety of shades and you can create so many different makeup looks with this one palette! If you are like me and you tend to go for more neutral makeup looks, then I would definitely recommend purchasing this palette out of all the others in the collection; I believe that you will get more use out of this one. I really like that there are so many shades of brown and gold because these are the colors I go for most often, but then you have the fun pops of color within the palette as well (in case you decide to go bold). There are 16 stunning shades! A few of my favorites are: Pineapple, Sandy, Lei, Mahalo, and Honolulu. I love that the names all relate to Hawaii (each palette names the colors after certain things within that destination, which I think is so fun)!
All of the shades in this palette are extremely pigmented and so beautiful on the eyes! I was very impressed with the color payoff, even with the shimmer shades (because often times these are much less pigmented). It is good to keep in mind that the shimmer shades are very sparkly. While I happen to love this look, I am aware that not everyone does. Luckily, there are plenty of matte shades to try! None of the colors are very chalky or difficult to apply. When applying the shadows, you really don’t need to pack it on; a little goes a long way! You can always add more because these shadows are very buildable. Many reviews I have read said that there can be a lot of fallout with these shadows, but I really didn’t notice that. Either way, I always recommend doing your eye makeup before your face makeup (that way if you make a mistake or you do have some fallout, you won’t be ruining your fresh face makeup). One important characteristic of eyeshadows for me is blendability. I enjoy creating makeup looks using multiple shades, and I never like my eye makeup to look harsh. The shadows are very easy to blend out, so you’ll never have to worry about harsh lines or difficulty with blending! If you grab a fluffy crease brush you should be good to go!
Overall I highly recommend purchasing this palette! It is perfect for an everyday natural look or a look for a night out, and it screams summer to me! Also, this product is extremely affordable, and the fact that you’re getting 16 different shades in this one palette is amazing! You can purchase this palette here!
Lately, I haven’t been doing any crazy makeup. I used to go full glam almost every time I did my makeup but for a little over a year now, I’ve really loved the look of natural, glowy makeup. Well, today I decided to do something a bit different and get out of my comfort zone. I normally do not wear very much color on my eyes, but I wanted to have some fun with this look!
- To start, I gently applied an eye primer all over my lids. This will not only help to keep the shadows on all day, but it will also make the colors pop. I always use my ring ringer and tap rather than rub (keep in mind the skin around the eyes is very sensitive, so you should never be rough with it).
- Then I took my “Hangin’ in Hawaii” palette by BH Cosmetics, and used my first shade, “Waikiki”. I used a shadow brush and decided to apply this shade all over my lids. It looks like a subtle gold shade in the palette, but on the eyes it is more of a bright, almost yellow gold.
- Next, I took the shade “Lei” which is a gorgeous coral/orange color, and with a fluffy crease brush, I applied this into my crease, bringing it up a bit closer to my brow bone for a smokey effect. I noticed that this color was overpowering the gold, so I decided to add more of the color “Lei” to my inner and outer lids. I took “Waikiki” and only applied it right at the center of my lids for a pop of shimmer. This made the transition of colors look a lot less harsh, but you could still see each color I was using.
- I wanted to add another pop of color, so I chose to go with the shade “Paradise”, which is a gorgeous bright pink. I took a smaller and more defined crease brush and applied this right into my crease. I chose to keep this color in my crease rather than blending it up to my brow bone like I did with the previous shade. Then I blended all of the colors together to create a smooth and smokey look.
- I then took a liner brush and applied that same bright pink shade on the outer corner of my lower lash line, as well as a shade “Luau” on the inner part of my lower lash line.
- The last step for eyeshadow was to apply a highlight shade to my brow bones and inner corners of my eyes. I decided to go with the shade “Hula” because it is a light shimmer shade, perfect for this exact step.
- After, I curled my lashes and went in with my favorite mascara at the moment, and that is the L’Oréal Telescopic mascara. I always go for black because I love how it adds some drama to my eyes. This mascara does a great job of lengthening and separating my lashes! Then I took my Long-Lasting Eye Pencil by Essence in “Black Fever”, and used this to line my waterline and tightline, bringing even more drama to the eyes.
- Once I completed my eye makeup I moved on to my face. I used my Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base and gently massaged this into my skin. Then I took my favorite foundation which is the Maybelline Fit Me, and I used a beauty blender to dab this into my skin. I always like to use extra foundation under my eyes since I don’t always use concealer. I used my Banana Setting Powder by Bellapierre Cosmetics to set my foundation.
- Next I took my bronzer by the brand Estate in the shade “Coco” and using an angled contour brush, I applied a little bit of this right along my cheekbones and hairline, up to my forehead to give my face a bit more definition and color.
- To brighten up my complexion I used a blush by Lottie London in the shade “Serene”. I love this blush because it isn’t too bright or bold but it adds a beautiful natural glow to my face. Is the perfect light pink shade for this time of year. After, I used a highlighter by Kaleido Cosmetics in the shade “Goddess”, and applied it right above my cheekbones to give me the glow that I am always after!
- Then I applied the “It’s the (Lip) Balm” by the brand Clearly Balanced Days. I always like to apply chapstick before applying any other lip product because it helps other products go on smoothly and it keeps my lips hydrated underneath. I decided to go with my current favorite lipgloss by NYX cosmetics in the shade “Bit of Honey”. This is such a perfect nude gloss, and it can go so well with any makeup look! Since the eye makeup is so busy, I decided to keep the rest of my makeup (face and lips) a bit more natural.
- The last step was to simply brush my eyebrows (but if you like to apply brow gel or fill them in, you definitely can).
When I sat down to do my makeup, I wasn’t exactly sure where I was going with it. I had a plan but I wasn’t sure that it would turn out great. In the end, I was very pleased with the look that I created, and I fell in love with the fun and bright eye makeup! I’ve missed playing around with makeup and trying out new looks, so I really wanted to share this one with you today because it’s a bit different for me! It took me a while to get used to seeing bright orange shades on my eyes, but I think it looked pretty with my eye color!
I hope you enjoyed reading today’s post and that it gave you some beauty inspo! Be sure to check out the “Hangin’ in Hawaii” palette by BH cosmetics (the brand has made some changes to the packaging)! Or, you can take a look at the other items in the travel series collection! Thank you so much for reading!